The Military Rifle Shoot is a Service Rifle style of shoot with an emphasis on fun and personal improvement. Shooting is done at Figure 11 targets from standing, sitting/kneeling, and prone positions at varying distances and supports depending on the category. There is a pistol shoot following the rifle shoot as part of the event.
The dates for the 2023 season are as follows:
- Sunday, February 26
- Sunday, May 14 (Combat Shotgun)
- Sunday, June 25
- Sunday, July 30
- Sunday, August 27 (Combat Shotgun)
- Sunday, October 01
- Sunday, October 29
- Setup: 8:00am – 8:30am
- Registration: 8:30am – 8:50am
- PLEASE be on time for registration. We try our best to accommodate late-comers but may have to limit entries if all existing relays are at capacity. Thank you.
- Orientation: 9:00am
- First Relay: 9:10am
The categories are:
Rifle (100m-300m, 60 rounds):
- Bolt Action
- Battle Rifle
- Assault Rifle
- Advanced Combat Rifle
Sniper (200m-400m, 45 rounds, all prone):
- Vintage Sniper
- Open Sniper
Sub-Machine Gun (50m-150m, 60 rounds):
- Vintage Sub-Machine Gun
- Modern Sub-Machine Gun
- Open Sub-Machine Gun
Pistol (10m-25m, 45 rounds):
- Vintage Military Pistol
- Modern Military Pistol
- Open Pistol
For combat shotgun, the course of fire is 10 slugs and at least 25 buckshot.
$5 per category, max 2 categories plus 1 pistol
$10 for Combat Shotgun
- Rifle Range & Handgun Range A. Please be advised the Rifle Range and Handgun Range A are closed during this time.
- Combat Shotgun: Handgun Range A. Please be advised Handgun Range A is closed during this time.
A club membership is not required, everyone is welcome! Guest passes are $5 for non-members (waived with more than 1 category entry, and Combat Shotgun).
Please contact Chris at [email protected] if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.