The Military Rifle Shoot is a Service Rifle style of shoot with an emphasis on fun and personal improvement. Shooting is done at Figure 11 targets from standing, sitting/kneeling, and prone positions at varying distances and supports depending on the category. There is a pistol shoot following the rifle shoot as part of the event.
The Covid-19 situation is constantly evolving and changes will be made accordingly. At this time we will be resuming events but with some procedural modifications. The current plan, subject to change, is:
- We will not be carpooling to score targets and will be walking instead.
- To save time in lieu of this, we will shoot a rifle relay, then a sniper relay, then score both and move onto the next relays.
- Depending on turnout, we may need to limit the number of categories a person can enter if it looks like we'll be running long.
The dates for the 2020 Military Rifle Shoots are:
- Sunday February 23
- Sunday May 3 (Combat Shotgun)
- Sunday May 31
- Sunday June 28
- Sunday July 26
- Sunday August 23 (Combat Shotgun)
- Sunday September 27
- Sunday October 25
- Setup: 8:00am - 8:30am
- Registration: 8:30am - 8:50am
- PLEASE be on time for registration. We try our best to accommodate latecomers but may have to limit entries if all existing relays are at capacity. Thank you.
- Orientation: 9:00am
- First Relay: 9:10am
The categories are:
Rifle (100m-300m, 60 rounds):
- Bolt Action
- Battle Rifle
- Assault Rifle
- Advanced Combat Rifle
Sniper (200m-400m, 45 rounds, all prone):
- Vintage Sniper
- Open Sniper
Sub-Machine Gun (50m-150m, 60 rounds):
- Vintage Sub-Machine Gun
- Modern Sub-Machine Gun
Pistol (10m-20m, 45 rounds):
- Vintage Military Pistol
- Modern Military Pistol
- Open Pistol
For combat shotgun, the course of fire is 10 slugs and at least 25 buckshot.
There is a $10 cost to enter per category (pistol is included with any entry.)
Place: Rifle Range & Handgun Range A. Please be advised the rifle range is closed during this time.
Combat Shotgun: Reserve Range & Handgun Range B.
A printable poster is available here.
A club membership is not required; we will provide guest passes.
Please contact Chris at [email protected] if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.